Our School Vision and Values:
At Poowong Consolidated School we aim to be a leading learning community in South Gippsland, delivering outstanding education to the children of Poowong and surrounds. We empower students to acquire, demonstrate, articulate and value knowledge and skills that will support them, as life-long learners, to participate in and contribute to the local community, as well as the global world, and practice the core values of the school:
- Striving for Personal Best
- Excellence in Learning, Respect
- Community Participation and Partnerships
At Poowong Consolidated School, we seek to enable all learners through the provision of:-
- differentiated, in-depth, structured and cohesive learning programs aligned to year level content and achievement standards informed by the Australian Curriculum
- highly effective teachers, focused on improving student outcomes, through their commitment to ongoing professional development, quality teaching, evidence-based practices, coaching and mentoring and collaboration
- whole school agreed pedagogical practices that focus on a consistency of approach
- a quality inclusive learning environment that is responsive to student voice
- opportunities for community and parents to participate in learning and decision making partnerships.
- producing flexible, creative, innovative individuals who strive to maximise their potential and become contributing members of the wider community.We value teachers who are:
- At Poowong Consolidated School we deliver our Literacy and Numeracy programs based on the principles of the Early Years and Middle Years philosophies of whole, small, whole. This includes the targeted explicit instruction of Guided Reading and Guided Mathematics. We utilise a combined approach of VCOP and Big Write with 7 Steps to Writing Success and a 5 week focus on writing genres as an entire school. Data analysis and ongoing collection of evidence of learning is important to the discussions within our Professional Learning Teams.
- able to positively engage with students, parents and the wider community
- innovative, cooperative, positive and have a strong work ethic
- have a strong commitment to moving each student forward with their learning, no matter what their starting point